Port Aventura theme park resort
If you're looking for fun and excitement, the Universal Mediterranea PortAventura theme park resort is a great choice. Just 9km south of Tarragona, with a theme park, two on site themed hotels, and the 'Caribe' Caribbean style waterpark (open 15/05 30/09), you can combine theme park excitement with cool beach life. The resort is made up of five different lands, each with its own rides, bars, restaurants and shows all designed to recreate exotic destinations such as China, Mexico, Polynesia and the Far West. Speed through Gran Canyon Rapids, journey through the clouds on an oriental carousel or test your nerves on Dragon Khan, the 8 loop roller coaster.
Choose one of the resort's new hotels and all this is on your doorstep, with direct access to the theme park or a shuttle service to take you to the resort's private Beach Club. Thrilling rides, dazzling shows or relaxing on the beach the choice is yours!
Children on rides Please note:
- Children are not allowed on some rides depending on their age or height, and in some cases must be accompanied by an adult.
Top attractions at Port Aventura
Dragon Khan Fiestaventura Hurakan Condor Mexico Show Silver River Flume Stampida Templo del Fuego Tutuki Splash Woody and Winnie
Nerves of steel are required for this sensational ride with a 300 feet freefall at over 70 miles per hour. Awarded Best Thrill Attraction in Europe 2005.
The ride is roughly twice the height of Nelson's Column, Travelgar Square, London
Multimedia extravaganzashow has been named "Best in the World" in its category.
Race in wooden roller coasters
A Polynesian fire & dances spectacular show
One of the world's top rollercoasters with an incredible 8 loop the loops
A downhill water ride adventure in a boat
Located in Polynesia
A tough submarine adventure
Located in Polynesia
A photo opportunity for the children
- Area Infantil An area with attractions for small children dragons, balloons and kites.
- Cobra Imperial A serpant circular roundabout ride
- Dragon Khan Rollercoaster with 8 loop the loops
- Fumanchú Asian carousel with chairs hanging on chains
- Tea Cups Giant Spinning teacups
- Waitan Port An ancient Chinese port from where you can sail to Mediterrània
Far West Attractions
- Buffalo Rodeo Childrens Dodgem cars
- Carrousel A horse carosel with western theme
- Crazy Barrels Rotating barrels
- Grand Canyon Rapids Ride the water rapids in a round boat
- Penitence Station A USA wild western style steam train to Mediterrània
- Silver River Flume Descend the water flume in a log style canoe
- Stampida Race in wooden roller coasters
- Tomahawk Childrens roller coaster
- Volpaiute A thrill ride
- Wild Buffalos Dodgems
- Estació del Nord A USA wild western style steam train runs around the whole Park
- Port de la Drassana A gentile cruise by boat to Waitan Port in China
- Armadillos Spinning little animals
- El Diablo Tren de la Mina A shaking train journey through an ancient silver mine full of surprises
- Hurakan Condor 300 tower feet freefall at over 70 miles per hour
- Los Potrillos Ate little horses childrens ride
- Serpiente Emplumada The sacred serpent High speed swings. Going round and round and fl ying through the air
- Yucatán A spinning dragon headed serpent
- Canoes Water flume ride for children
- Kon Tiki Wave Giant swing boat
- Loco Loco Tiki Polynesian style cabin, swept up from the ground by a typhoon.
- Sea Odyssey A tough submarine adventure
- Tami Tami Children's Roller coaster
- Tutuki Splash A downhill water ride adventure in a boat
- Waikiki Children's chairaplane ride
Book your Port Aventura Day passes here and save money
If you are coming from La Jonquera or southern Spain; exit 35 of the AP 7 leads straight to Port Aventura.
If you are coming from Barcelona or El Vendrell the C 32 joins the AP 7.
If you are coming from the Basque Country or Zaragoza the AP 2 joins the AP 7.
Other major roads leading into the area are the N 240 (Tarragona Lleida), T 11 (Tarragona Teruel) and N 340 (Barcelona Valencia).
Approximately 10 minutes drive from PortAventura.
Daily flights from London Stansted, London Luton, Liverpool and Dublin.
Approximately 1 hour from PortAventura.
Port Aventura has its own train station (called Port Aventura).